Volunteers and Volunteering
On this webpage:
Opportunties to find volunteers
How to become involved in volunteering
Support for your volunteering
Do you need volunteers?
Join in loads of clubs in Hertfordshire by registering your club on the 'Join in' website. it is FREE, quick and simple to add your club. With a profile on Join in you can:
- Find more volunteers in Hertfordshire.
- Get additional help and support for your local Join in Coordinator.
- Benefit from Join ins national media campaign, promoting local sports clubs.
- Join a growing community of people supporting and celebrating the positive impact of local sports clubs.
Check out the Join in video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC5PRbyv9P0
If you need more information on Join in you can find some information on the website by clicking here or send me any questions.
Sports Development Officer
Herts Sports Partnership
Welwyn Hatfield Volunteer Bureau has promoted, supported and developed volunteering in the Borough of Welwyn Hatfield since 1980. The Bureau is supported by the Welwyn Hatfield Community & Voluntary Service. It is located within the CVS office at the Bill Salmon Centre in Hatfield Town Centre (opposite ASDA).
for volunteers we provide:
- A volunteering information service for people interested in volunteering – by personal visit, phone or email.
- Information on local voluntary opportunities – over 200 at any one time, so the choice is great
- 1:1 discussion with no pressure to make on the spot decisions
- Team challenges for groups of people who would like a volunteering project e.g. for groups of employees from companies
- Information on volunteer roles and responsibilities
- Occasional special event e.g. Volunteer Speed Matching
For Organisations we provide:
- Free advertising of voluntary opportunities on our local database on www.do-it.org.uk
- Information on training for volunteers
- Reference material on volunteer management
- Occasional volunteer recruitment event e.g. Volunteer Speed Matching, showcasing your organisation in local amenities.
For further information please visit: