By the end of the session participants will:
- Understand common perceptions and misconceptions about mental health including the positive impact of sport and physical activity on physical and mental health.
- Appreciate the barriers that people living with mental health problems can experience when taking up a sport or physical activity.
- Be aware of how stigma and discrimination surrounding mental health impacts on people living with mental health problems.
- Identify practical actions that you can take to create a positive sporting environment that is more inclusive and accessible to people with mental health problems.
- Feel more confident to talk about mental health and know where to signpost people to if they need support.
- Develop an action plan to embed practices into your organisation.
For more infomation and to book see flyer
- Upcoming EventsHertfordshire Year of Physical Activity 2018: June, Bike and 'This Girl Can' Month01st January, 2018
- Upcoming EventsHerts Health Walks 2018; starting - 01st March, 2018
- Upcoming EventsActive Training World Running Events, starting: 04th March, 2018
- Upcoming EventsGet Active, Have Fun, Play Bowls, Various Open Days, Starting 22nd April, 2018
- Upcoming EventsIt's Never too Late to be Active!02nd May, 2018
- Upcoming EventsThis Girl Can in Herts: Monday 18 - Sunday 24 June 2018.18th June, 2018
- Upcoming EventsThe Welwyn 10k and Fun Run24th June, 2018