By the end of the session participants will:
- Understand common perceptions and misconceptions about mental health including the positive impact of sport and physical activity on physical and mental health.
- Appreciate the barriers that people living with mental health problems can experience when taking up a sport or physical activity.
- Be aware of how stigma and discrimination surrounding mental health impacts on people living with mental health problems.
- Identify practical actions that you can take to create a positive sporting environment that is more inclusive and accessible to people with mental health problems.
- Feel more confident to talk about mental health and know where to signpost people to if they need support.
- Develop an action plan to embed practices into your organisation.
For more infomation and to book see flyer