From 1st January, 2018 will be designated the ‘Hertfordshire Year of Physical Activity’ and will see a number of organisations from both in and out of the sporting arena working together in support of making Hertfordshire the most active county.
Driven by the Hertfordshire County Council and Herts Sports Partnership, the campaign builds on previous ‘Years of’ which have already taken place for cycling, walking, mental health and volunteering. Approximately one in every five adults in Hertfordshire currently does less than thirty minutes of activity per week, and so it is hoped that the opportunities for participating in large scale events will help to improve this statistic. For more information and latest newsletters, click here .
- Upcoming EventsHertfordshire Year of Physical Activity 2018: April Older People's Month01st January, 2018
- Upcoming EventsHerts Health Walks 2018; starting - 01st March, 2018
- Upcoming EventsActive Training World Running Events, starting: 04th March, 2018
- Upcoming EventsGet Active, Have Fun, Play Bowls, Various Open Days, Starting 22nd April, 2018
- Upcoming EventsHatfield Walking Festival 14 – 20 May 201814th May, 2018
- Upcoming EventsThe Welwyn 10k and Fun Run24th June, 2018