This will be the fifth year Garden City Runners has organised the Welwyn 10k, set in outstanding scenery with a friendly village setting. Every year the race grows and last year we reached nearly 600 10k runners and 300 Family Fun Run particpants young and old. This is an ideal opportunity for anyone new to running to take part in a well organised race and receive a chip time, and a multitude of local running clubs are represented who enjoy the varied course and friendly atmosphere.
The 10k event starts at 11am at the athlete village setup on Singlers Marsh, passing through the High Street out onto local closed roads. We have water on the course for thirsty runners. Finishing on the Marsh through our inflatable gantry, you will be chip timed and receive a custom technical t-shirt, bottle of water and a banana provided by Tesco. We award trophies for the first finishers and teams, and individual race times are sent to competitors by text message. To commemorate the fifth race we are also awarding finishers a custom medal with a design appropriate to the village. There is plentiful car parking in an adjacent field plus refreshments throughout the morning.
We provide a baggage tent and there is a PA system to keep spectators updated on the action.
The 2k Family Fun Run (see above) starts at 11.10am and is two laps within the safety of the Marsh, on fields and good footpaths. It is ideal for families and suitable for both runners and walkers of ALL ages. We have medals for everyone taking part and individual and team prizes for primary and secondary school girls and boys. The Fun Run is also chip timed as we know junior runners really like seeing their times.
To find out more details and to secure your place go to www.welwyn10k.org.uk.
Garden City Runners makes a substantial donation from the race revenue to the local projects and charities supported by the Welwyn Festival.
If you are interested in volunteering and helping out as a race marshal or in any other way, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are very appreciative of anyone who can contribute an hour or so on race day to keep our runners safe on the course plus it's always fun cheering runners on and very rewarding.
M: 07764 335141 E: email@example.com
- Upcoming EventsHertfordshire Year of Physical Activity 2018: March, Young People month01st January, 2018
- Upcoming EventsHerts Health Walks 201801st March, 2018
- Upcoming EventsActive Training World Running Events, starting: 04th March, 2018
- Upcoming EventsHerts Phoenix Athletic Club is holding an Open Meeting at Gosling Sports Park on Good Friday30th March, 2018
- Upcoming EventsHatfield parkrun having worldwide impact! The Ellenbrook Fields, Hatfield, parkrun will celebrate its centenary – 100 events – Saturday 7th April07th April, 2018
- Upcoming EventsThe Welwyn 10k and Fun Run29th June, 2018