The day's event, 16 December, included a visit by Badminton Bronze Olympic Medalists Marcus Ellis and Chris Langridge to Stanborough School (photo by Mike Piggford) and St John's Lemsford (below), which as keen badminton players they were very excited about.
In the evening, owing to Chris being unavailable Herts Senior Squad member, Zach Daniels, partnered Marcus to play against representatives of our junior and senior squads and about 15 clubs. The evening was very ably MC-ed by HBA Chairman, Paul Kempster, who as a player for many years, knows many of the participants.
More photos on Flickr: https://goo.gl/H4CZ1w
The £1 collection at the entrance door was in aid, 50:50, of English Federation of Disability Sport and Herts Badminton Association Coaching and Development.
Thanks to everyone who helped organise the event.
- Upcoming EventsHertfordshire Year of Physical Activity 2018: June, Bike and 'This Girl Can' Month01st January, 2018
- Upcoming EventsHerts Health Walks 2018; starting - 01st March, 2018
- Upcoming EventsActive Training World Running Events, starting: 04th March, 2018
- Upcoming EventsGet Active, Have Fun, Play Bowls, Various Open Days, Starting 22nd April, 2018
- Upcoming EventsIt's Never too Late to be Active!02nd May, 2018
- Upcoming EventsThis Girl Can in Herts: Monday 18 - Sunday 24 June 2018.18th June, 2018
- Upcoming EventsThe Welwyn 10k and Fun Run24th June, 2018