‘At the WHSPAA AGM, 1st August, Rhian Hollyer stood down as WHSPAA Chairman and Nigel Farren was elected chairman. Dave Bartlett, was elected as vice chairman, Doug King as treasurer and Richard Hill as Activate chair.
In summary, WHSPAA cannot continue as it is due to lack of funding and volunteer support. And, unless a solution can be found, it will be unable to continue it’s activities. In September, all clubs will therefore be asked to complete a survey regarding the future of WHSPAA. If a positive response is received, the new Chair will submit a proposal to the Council/WHSPAA management committee for expansion of it’s help to clubs. The AGM minutes can be found at: www.welhatsports.org.uk/about-us/agm-and-clubs-and-partners-meetings .
Following the AGM, John Ainsworth, of Make Sport Fun, gave a useful presentation on the best ways to get inactive people active (AGM Clubs and Partners Meetings page).
- Upcoming EventsHertfordshire Year of Physical Activity 2018: April Older People's Month01st January, 2018
- Upcoming EventsHerts Health Walks 2018; starting - 01st March, 2018
- Upcoming EventsActive Training World Running Events, starting: 04th March, 2018
- Upcoming EventsGet Active, Have Fun, Play Bowls, Various Open Days, Starting 22nd April, 2018
- Upcoming EventsHatfield Walking Festival 14 – 20 May 201814th May, 2018
- Upcoming EventsThe Welwyn 10k and Fun Run24th June, 2018