Older People's Activities
Various opportunities for acivities and exercise for older people of all abilities exist within the borough. Some are listed on the Clubs section, some in the attached document, click here.
Elderly people who exercise 'live five years longer' - Click here to view BBC article
Those organised by HSP are:
Active Together Programes for those 50+ click this link to find an activity near you
Love to Dance classes
Tue - 10am-12noon Welwyn Garden City—Hazel Grove Community Centre, AL7 2DG- £4.00
Thurs - 10am-12noon Welwyn Village—Whitehill Centre, Ottway Walk, AL6 9NT - £4.50
Thurs - 1.00-3.00pm Hatfield—Friendship House, Wellfields, AL10 0BU - £4.50
Blue Velvet Line Dancers
Age group: Adult. At Roller City , Campus West, The Campus, Welwyn Garden City, Herts, AL8 6BX
Club opening times: Fridays10.15am-12.45am. But for more information including their other days and venues click this link to go to the Dance section and scroll down to 'Blue Velvet Dancers'.
I'ts fun! Improves mobility and enhances well-being.
Improve your mobility, reduce aches and pains and increase your self-confidence with a new wellbeing programme for older people, anyone with mobility problems, those at risk of falls, people living with long-term health conditions and carers. These friendly sessions combine gentle exercise and movement with time to socialise over tea.
Welwyn Garden City, Friday 11am-12.30pm, Howlands Baptist Church, The Commons, Howlands AL7 4RS
Whitehill Centre, Ottway Walk, off Londn Road, AL6 9AS Tuesday 9.45am-11.15am
Hatfield Leisure Centre, travellers Lane, Hatfield, AL10 8TJ Thursday 2pm-3.30pm
Northaw / Cuffley Northaw Village Hall, 5 Northaw Road West EN6 4NW Tuesday 2pm-3.30pm
To book or for further information call 01462 678804 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Places are limited and booking is essential.
See the website: www.walkingforhealth.org.uk/walkfinder/hertfordshire-health-walks
This wbsite shows 5 in Welwyn Hatfield and I notice that not all those originating from local surgeries are listed (e.g. Knebworth & Marymead surgery walk on 3rd Tuesdays, monthly). So if you are interest then your local surgery may organise regular walks.
No strings badminton is run in Birchwood Lesiure Centre (Tuesdays), Gosling Sports Park (Fridays and Saturdays), Hatfield Leisure Centre (Sundays), and Herts Sports Village (Tuesdays and on Thursdays as part of Multisport). The age ranges of attendees are from 16 - 80+. The sessions are lead by a friendly activator who organises games for people of similar abilities.
- Upcoming EventsHertfordshire Year of Physical Activity 2018: May - Walking Month01st January, 2018
- Upcoming EventsHerts Health Walks 2018; starting - 01st March, 2018
- Upcoming EventsActive Training World Running Events, starting: 04th March, 2018
- Upcoming EventsGet Active, Have Fun, Play Bowls, Various Open Days, Starting 22nd April, 2018
- Upcoming EventsIt's Never too Late to be Active!02nd May, 2018
- Upcoming EventsHerts Year of Physical Activity Volunteer Champion Workshops - Free sessions in WH23rd May, 2018
- Upcoming EventsWelwyn Garden Healthfest, 11am - 3pm, 16 June 201816th June, 2018
- Upcoming EventsThis Girl Can in Herts: Monday 18 - Sunday 24 June 2018.18th June, 2018
- Upcoming EventsThe Welwyn 10k and Fun Run24th June, 2018