The Benefits of joining Welwyn Hatfield Sport and Physical Activity Alliance
Welwyn Hatfield Sport and Physical Activity Alliance is a democratic voluntary Community Sports Network for clubs and organisations in the borough of Welwyn Hatfield. It is free to join - click here .
WHSPAA is the Voice for Sport in Welwyn Hatfield
We represent the interests of our sports clubs and sports organisations to:
- Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council through their representation on WHSPAA Management Committee, our attendance at council’s Cultural Consortium and Community Inclusion Partnership and when consulted directly, e.g., on the Welwyn Hatfield Sports Strategy
- Welwyn Hatfield School Games Partnership
- Herts Sports Partnership through the Partners Forums and directly on specific projects and issues
- Sport England and Public Health England at forums and when directly consulted.
Contact Chairman, Nigel Farren or Vice-chairman Dave Bartlett (Dave@Bartlett1.plus.com)
Management and Organisation
WHSPAA has a constitution (see website) and the management committee comprises:
- democratically elected Chairman, Vicechairman, Treasurer, Activate chairman
- WH BC unelected representatives from : WH BC Sports Development, WH BC Partnerships Officer, WH BC Sports Development Champion
- Meetings are approximately 3 times a year
An AGM at which reports are presented and officers elected.
At least one Sports Organisations’ Forum is held each year on topics of importance to clubs, e.g., finding funds, more members, more volunteers, working with schools.
Sports Development and Networking
The Borough Council and Herts Sports Partnership are members of WHSPAA and can provide advice and support including financial. Support can also be found by attending WHSPAA meetings and networking with clubs, schools and other members: for example, schools often seek coaches to help for an event or a term and this can provide links with clubs.
Publicity and Promotion
By registering your club you will be kept informed of events, funding and meetings and have access to all the benefits listed here.
Our newsletters are distributed to our approximately 200 clubs, schools, sports facilities and doctors’ surgeries.
Our website and FaceBook publishes our and our partners’ news and coming events. Our members can publish their information on their club’s page as often as they wish and add items to WHSPAA FaceBook.
We promote all our sports organisations interests at the 16 events each year that we help organise and attend. At many of the events we are able to encourage provision of demonstrations by our clubs and organisations.
Membership is free, but limited to clubs and organisations in the borough, to register click here
- Upcoming EventsHertfordshire Year of Physical Activity 2018: May - Walking Month01st January, 2018
- Upcoming EventsHerts Health Walks 2018; starting - 01st March, 2018
- Upcoming EventsActive Training World Running Events, starting: 04th March, 2018
- Upcoming EventsGet Active, Have Fun, Play Bowls, Various Open Days, Starting 22nd April, 2018
- Upcoming EventsIt's Never too Late to be Active!02nd May, 2018
- Upcoming EventsHerts Year of Physical Activity Volunteer Champion Workshops - Free sessions in WH23rd May, 2018
- Upcoming EventsWelwyn Garden Healthfest, 11am - 3pm, 16 June 201816th June, 2018
- Upcoming EventsThis Girl Can in Herts: Monday 18 - Sunday 24 June 2018.18th June, 2018
- Upcoming EventsThe Welwyn 10k and Fun Run24th June, 2018